Welcome to first last week of our Art with Heart 2022-23 Colour Creations blog hop! This year we are going to showcase each of the 5 new In Colours for the first 5 weeks and then we are going to feature our core colours in alphabetical order.
This is our gorgeous new header image.
And this is our first new In Colour: Orchid Oasis, a pretty periwinkle blue that looks stunning with soft grays, lilac, greens and other blues.
Here’s what Orchid Oasis looks like in comparison to the other current Stampin’ Up! blues.
My card’s colour scheme has been inspired by the colours in the Tea Boutique cards and envelopes. There are 20 card bases and envelopes, 4 of each in the new In Colours: Orchid Oasis, Parakeet Party, Starry Sky, Sweet Sorbet and Tahitian Tide, as well as touches of Crushed Curry, Fresh Freesia, Garden Green and Petal Pink.
I’ve chosen the Orchid Oasis card base and envelope and used the coordinating Cup of Tea Bundle to stamp and die cut the elements for the front of my card.
Isn’t this little teabag stamp and die adorable? I stamped it in Fresh Freesia and attached it to the teacup with some Basic White Bakers Twine.
I’ve also designed a very easy-to-make coordinating teabag holder for a single teabag using Orchid Oasis Cardstock and Tea Boutique 6×6 DSP. This single size is just perfect for popping in the post for when you want to send more than just a card.
- Cut Orchid Oasis cardstock base 24 x 9 cm
- Score and fold at 8cm and 16 cm
- Cut 2 x pieces of DSP 7.5 x 8.5 cm and adhere to the outside of the left and middle panel
- Mark 4cm from the bottom right hand side of the far right panel (this is the one without any DSP) and then cut on the diagonal from this point to the top of the 16cm fold
- Add a strip of tear’n’tape along the bottom and far right edge of the far right panel
- Fold this angled panel in and adhere
- Insert teabag and close the holder
- Tie with ribbon and use bakers twine to attach a stamped and die cut tea bag sentiment to the front bow.
The ribbon around the teabag holder is the White Crinkled seam binding ribbon coloured in with the dark Orchid Oasis Stampin’ Blend.
I’m really enjoying playing with this versatile and so pretty Tea Boutique suite! I can see so many uses for this suite – after all, who doesn’t love a cuppa tea!
Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the lovely Kate Morgan– I can’t wait to see what Kate has made this week!
If at any time you find a broken link, you can find the complete list of all participants below.
Catherine Proctor – you are here!
If you live in Australia, you can find and purchase these products in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store.
Next Wednesday we will showcase another new In Colour – the very bright and vibrant Parakeet Party!
Wherever you are in the world, stay safe, stay calm … and keep on crafting xxx