Welcome to week thirty five of our Art With Heart 2022-23 Colour Creations blog hop. This is a weekly blog hop where we showcase the stunning range of Stampin’ Up! colours in alphabetical order over 12 months and this week we are featuring Pale Papaya from the 2021-23 In Colours.
The new January-April Mini Catalogue and SALE-a-bration Catalogue launched last week and one of the free SALE-a-bration items you can redeem for a $90 spend is the Thanks A Bunch stamp set.
Pale Papaya is a great colour to use for carrots and I’ve used it both at full strength and stamped off once for the front of my split front, tri-fold fold card. Other colours used include Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow and Parakeet Party.
The Hive embossing folder was used to emboss Early Espresso cardstock to create soil for the front flap. As the split front, tri-fold fold card opens the layers of carrots are revealed.
The middle flap shows carrots above and below the ground. One of the carrot shading stamps works really well to create grass once it is turned on its side.
Split front, tri-fold fold card instructions
- Cut a sheet of A4 Crumb Cake cardstock at 10.5cm down the middle to divide into two long halves that each measure 21cm wide x 10.5 cm high.
- Score both pieces at 14.8cm and fold in half along the score line to make two cards.
- One of these cards will become the card base and the left split front panel, while the other card will be used for the right panel.
- To create the left split front panel measure and cut off the top 5cm across the top of the left panel of one of the cards.
- To create the right panel with the other card, measure 2 cm parallel to the middle score line and cut all the way down the card. You will now have a right panel with a 2cm wide flap which you use to adhere to the back of the right hand side of the card base.
- Fold the right flap over the card base and then fold the left split front panel over the right panel – I’ve adhered the embossed Early Espresso cardstock, the “Thanks” greeting and the bunch of tied carrots to the left split front panel.
- Stamp and decorate the cardstock layers for your right card flap and card base BEFORE adhering to your split front, tri-fold fold card base.
All of the sentiments in this card are from the Thanks a Bunch stamp set, stamped in Early Espresso.
Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the lovely Tina Gillespie – I can’t wait to see what Tina has made this week!
If at any time you find a broken link, you can find the complete list of all participants below.
Catherine Proctor – you are here!
If you live in Australia, you can find and purchase these products in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store once they are available to purchase tomorrow morning.
We’ll be back next Wednesday January 18 with projects showcasing one of the Subtles, Pear Pizzazz.
I hope you can join us then.